Delaware contract law frequently governs the formation, interpretation, and enforcement of high-stakes corporate and commercial agreements throughout the United States; it also underpins the nation’s predominant corporation and business entities laws.
Because Delaware is the corporate home to so many American businesses, including many companies whose headquarters are in other states, Delaware contract law is important to sophisticated firms throughout the country.
Published by CSC in collaboration with LexisNexis, Voss on Delaware Contract Law is an unprecedented resource, citing more than 2,750 authorities spanning over 100 years.
According to retired Justice Randy J. Holland, who served on the Delaware Supreme Court for more than 30 years, “This superb treatise provides an unprecedented compilation of Delaware’s vast contract-related jurisprudence. Practitioners and jurists will benefit from this comprehensive expert analysis of the fundamental contract principles that have helped to make Delaware the forum of choice for business formations and transactions.”
The uniquely practical and accessible format of Voss on Delaware Contract Law quickly directs users to thousands of quotations of cases, statutes, and rules, as well as harder-to-find court orders and transcripts. Its innovative content includes:
- Delaware contract philosophy, contract interpretation, and choice of law, forum selection, and comparative contract law
- Contract law and fiduciary duties (doctrines at the intersection of contract and fiduciary law)
- Statutory construction
- Contract and contract-related claims, defenses, and remedies
- Contract TypologyTM (a survey of authorities by type, with hundreds of types of contracts, clauses, and phrases)
According to Charles E. Elder, litigation partner at Bradley Arant Soult Cummings LLP, “This resource is intuitively organized and includes a granular study of types of contracts and clauses, in addition to expansive coverage of contract interpretation, contract-related torts, procedure, and remedies. With its unique and extensive quotation of primary sources, it’s a welcome sourcebook on Delaware’s fundamental business law for practitioners nationwide.”
Release 2 of Voss on Delaware Contract Law is now available. It reflects updates to all eighteen chapters of the treatise, including several new subsections and references to more than 100 recent Delaware judicial decisions. With these enhancements, Voss on Delaware Contract Law cites more than 2,750 authorities spanning more than 100 years.
This publication is an innovative resource for attorneys and firms who:
- Draft or review contracts with choice of law or choice of forum provisions that specify Delaware law or courts, or that otherwise might be subject to Delaware law or courts
- Advise on matters relating to Delaware contract law (such as Delaware business entities, fiduciary law, investor agreements, and mergers and acquisitions)
- Represent businesses, investors, or individuals that litigate in the Delaware Court of Chancery, or who might become involved in disputes that could lead to litigation in Delaware
- Litigate or advise on behalf of Delaware business entities
Voss on Delaware Contract Law is available as a three-volume binder set or as an ebook, compatible with dedicated e-reader devices, computers, tablets and smartphones that use e-reader software or applications. It is also available on the LexisNexis Digital Library.
To learn more about Voss on Delaware Contract Law, call 1.800.533.1637 or visit us online at www.lexisnexis.com/csc.