CSC Publishing is excited to announce the publication of Voss on Delaware Contract Law. Citing more than 2,700 authorities spanning over 100 years, Voss on Delaware Contract Law is an unparalleled resource on the immense body of contract law that underpins the nation’s predominant corporate and alternative entities laws, as well as the contract-related disputes that are frequently addressed in Delaware’s renowned business courts and studied in commercial centers worldwide.
According to retired Justice Randy J. Holland, who served on the Delaware Supreme Court for more than 30 years, “This superb treatise provides an unprecedented compilation of Delaware’s vast contract-related jurisprudence. Practitioners and jurists will benefit from this comprehensive expert analysis of the fundamental contract principles that have helped to make Delaware the forum of choice for business formations and transactions.”
Delaware is the corporate home to many American businesses, including those headquartered in other states. Delaware contract law frequently governs the formation, interpretation, and enforcement of high-stakes business agreements throughout the country. Because of its national character, Delaware contract law is important to sophisticated business law firms everywhere.
The uniquely practical and accessible format of Voss on Delaware Contract Law quickly directs users to thousands of quotations of cases, statutes, and rules, as well as harder-to-find court orders and transcripts. Its innovative content includes:
- Delaware contract philosophy, contract interpretation, and choice of law, forum selection, and comparative contract law
- Contract law and fiduciary duties (doctrines at the intersection of contract and fiduciary law)
- Statutory construction
- Contract and contract-related claims, defenses, and remedies
- Contract TypologyTM (a survey of authorities by type, with hundreds of types of contracts, clauses, and phrases)
According to Charles E. Elder, litigation partner at Bradley Arant Soult Cummings LLP, “This resource is intuitively organized and includes a granular study of types of contracts and clauses, in addition to expansive coverage of contract interpretation, contract-related torts, procedure, and remedies. With its unique and extensive quotation of primary sources, it’s a welcome sourcebook on Delaware’s fundamental business law for practitioners nationwide.”
Get this resource now if you or your firm:
- Drafts or reviews contracts with choice of law or choice of forum provisions that might specify Delaware law or courts (or that otherwise might be subject to Delaware law or courts)
- Advises on matters relating to Delaware contract law (such as Delaware business entities, fiduciary law, investor agreements, and mergers and acquisitions)
- Represents businesses, investors, or individuals that litigate in the Delaware Court of Chancery, or who might become involved in disputes that could lead to litigation in Delaware
- Litigates or advises on behalf of Delaware business entities