“In the twenty-odd years I have been a judicial officer in [the Delaware Court of] Chancery, the docket has moved in the direction of contractual disputes and what were once quaintly called alternative entity disputes.” Buttonwood Tree Value Partners, L.P. v. R.L. Polk & Co. 2021, Del. Ch. LEXIS 165 (Glasscock, V.C.).
Legal professionals now have a resource to navigate this increasingly important area of commercial law: Voss on Delaware Contract Law.
Published by CSC in collaboration with LexisNexis, Voss on Delaware Contract Law is an unparalleled resource on the immense body of contract law that underpins the nation’s predominant corporate and alternative entities laws, as well as the contract-related disputes that are frequently addressed in Delaware’s renowned business courts and studied in commercial centers worldwide. The uniquely practical and accessible format of Voss on Delaware Contract Law quickly directs users to thousands of quotations of cases, statutes, and rules. Its innovative content includes:
- Delaware Contract Philosophy (Chapter 1)
- Contract Formation and Parties (Chapter 2)
- Contract Interpretation (Chapter 3)
- Contract TypologyTM, a survey of authorities by “type” of contract, clause, phrase, or word (Chapter 8)
It also includes other key topics relevant to dispute resolution:
- Defenses (Chapter 10)
- Delaware Courts and Procedure (Chapter 11)
- Breach of Contract (Chapter 12)
- Contract-Related Claims, including selected business torts (Chapter 13)
- Damages (Chapter 14)
- Non-Damages Remedies (Chapter 15)
- Supplementary Relief (Chapter 16)
According to retired Justice Randy J. Holland, who served on the Delaware Supreme Court for more than 30 years, “This superb treatise provides an unprecedented compilation of Delaware’s vast contract-related jurisprudence. Practitioners and jurists will benefit from this comprehensive expert analysis of the fundamental contract principles that have helped to make Delaware the forum of choice for business formations and transactions.”
2022 release of Voss on Delaware Contract Law
Release 3 of Voss on Delaware Contract Law is now available. It reflects updates to all eighteen chapters, including the addition of several new subsections, as well as references to more than 100 recent Delaware judicial decisions. With these enhancements, Voss on Delaware Contract Law cites more than 3,000 authorities spanning more than 100 years. This publication is an innovative resource for attorneys and firms who:
- Draft or review contracts with choice of law or choice of forum provisions that specify Delaware law or courts, or that otherwise might be subject to Delaware law or courts
- Advise Delaware contract law or related matters (such as Delaware business entities, fiduciary law, investor agreements, and mergers and acquisitions)
- Represent businesses, investors, or individuals that litigate in the Delaware Court of Chancery, or who might become involved in disputes that could lead to litigation in Delaware
- Litigate or advise on behalf of Delaware business entities
Voss on Delaware Contract Law is available as a three-volume binder set or as an ebook, compatible with dedicated e-reader devices, computers, tablets and smartphones that use e-reader software or applications. It is also available on the LexisNexis Digital Library. To learn more about Voss on Delaware Contract Law, call 1.800.533.1637 or visit us online at www.lexisnexis.com/csc.