“No doubt, Delaware’s trial courts have shown growing antipathy toward both bootstrapped and needlessly duplicative claims in what are otherwise straightforward breach of contract cases … [T]he Court might rightly dismiss as completely duplicative or otherwise needless a pendant claim in favor of the well-pleaded breach-of-contract count. Doing so … keeps fidelity to Delaware’s pro-contractarian ethos.” Outbox Systems, Inc. v. Trimble Inc., C.A. No. N21C-11-123 PRW CCLD, memo. op. at *22-23 (Del. Super. Ct. Aug. 24, 2022) (Wallace, J.) (compiling cases).
Legal professionals now have a resource to navigate this and other important aspects of contract law: “Voss on Delaware Contract Law.”
Published by CSC in collaboration with LexisNexis®, “Voss on Delaware Contract Law” is an unparalleled resource on the immense body of contract law that underpins the nation’s predominant corporate and alternative entities laws, as well as the contract-related disputes that are frequently addressed in Delaware’s renowned business courts and studied in commercial centers worldwide.
The uniquely practical and accessible format of “Voss on Delaware Contract Law” quickly directs users to thousands of quotations of cases, statutes, and rules. Its innovative content includes:
- Delaware Contract Philosophy (Chapter 1)
- Contract Formation and Parties (Chapter 2)
- Contract Interpretation (Chapter 3)
- Contract TypologyTM, a survey of authorities by “type” of contract, clause, phrase, or word (Chapter 8)
It also includes other key topics relevant to dispute resolution:
- Defenses (Chapter 10)
- Delaware Courts and Procedure (Chapter 11)
- Breach of Contract (Chapter 12)
- Contract-Related Claims, including selected business torts (Chapter 13)
- Damages (Chapter 14)
- Non-Damages Remedies (Chapter 15)
- Supplementary Relief (Chapter 16)
2023 Release of “Voss on Delaware Contract Law”
Release 4 in January 2023 of “Voss on Delaware Contract Law” is now available. It reflects updates to all 18 chapters, including the addition of several new subsections, as well as references to more than 125 recent Delaware judicial decisions. With these enhancements, “Voss on Delaware Contract Law” cites more than 3,250 authorities spanning more than 100 years.
This publication is an innovative resource for attorneys and firms who:
- Draft or review contracts with choice of law or choice of forum provisions that specify Delaware law or courts, or that otherwise might be subject to Delaware law or courts
- Advise on Delaware contract law or related matters (such as Delaware business entities, fiduciary law, investor agreements, and mergers and acquisitions)
- Represent businesses, investors, or individuals that litigate in the Delaware Court of Chancery, or who might become involved in disputes that could lead to litigation in Delaware
- Litigate or advise on behalf of Delaware business entities
“Voss on Delaware Contract Law” is available as a three-volume binder set or as an eBook, compatible with dedicated eReader devices, computers, and tablets and smartphones that use eReader software or applications. It’s also available on the LexisNexis Digital Library.
To learn more about “Voss on Delaware Contract Law,” call 1-800-533-1637 or visit lexisnexis.com/csc.